Monday, March 21, 2016

OfGhost Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
Im a working father. I work my ass off. When I have some sparetime I create nonprofit alternative art in garage. Ofghost is good field for creative person. I have done this for years just for fun.

2.In January you had released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
My sound is heavy and aggressive, a little bit lo-fi and raw. I mix many underground playing styles so I try to keep my distortion good for multi purposes. Sometimes I put some electronic elements to make music  more interesting. This album is the best production I have done, still little bit fucked up, but you can hear that behind my chaos, there may be some kind of sense and potential....

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects that you explore with your music?
Ofghost is not a prisoner of one topic. Im quite flexible about lyricks....so I create lovesong, deathsong, hatesong and so on.....I just try to make it rock ok. Keywords for this album are death, darkness, loneliness, love, hate, despair....and beer....
4.Originally your musical project was called 'File Of Ghosts', what was the cause of the name change and also the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'OfGhost'?
I wanted to update the name of the band. I felt like "File Of Ghosts" was boring. I wanted more fresh attack to name so I made it short version. Word OFGHOST rocks better.

5.With this musical project you record everything by yourself, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
At the moment no activity for finding a lable...DIY is my style....good deal is hard to find...but more you eat the hunger you get, so what will happen it happens....I dont take pressure...I just keep on rocking, learning and banging my head on the wall...

6.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of extreme metal?
Some listeners have said that my shit has gone forward. Im very happy about that.

8.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
At the moment this is my main project. There have always been and will be a little underground co-operations.


9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
My vision is to get some improvement to my sound and production...I think i have found an interesting path....maybe someday we hear this....

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I am an oldschool man, so I listened a lot of heavy metal in 80 and early 90 from c-casettes. Metallicas "fight fire with fire" effected a lot to me. It was extreme. Then came Slayer, Sepultura and scandinavian death metal for example. I listened finnish radioshow "METALLILIITTO" everytime it came those days. Then came Nirvana and the Prodigy. I have always listened all kind of music. KVELERTAKS "meir" album rocks very well.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
Family, holiday, sports, movies, society, world, fixing things,  good food and DRINKS
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Take a listen OFGHOST few seconds. It wont kill ya...CHEERS from Finland!


Bandcamp
Facebook
Myspace
SoundCloud

No comments:

Post a Comment