2. You have an album coming out in September, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the guitar?
3. The main person in the band has previous experience in other bands, what is it that you feel that you are able to do different with this band that you were not able to do in previous groups?
4. The lyrics on the album have a concept to them, can you tell us a little bit more about the songwriting?
5. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Zornheym'?
Zorn: Zornheym was my stage name when I was in Dark Funeral. The former German lead singer of Dark Funeral, Nachtgarm, came up with it. It is german and it means “home of anger”. The more I started to hear people calling me that, the more I liked the sound of it and when I started to plan to form this band I found myself with a concept that pretty much tells a story about a “home of anger”. So simply using that name felt natural. The story takes place in Germany so we decided to name the asylum “Zornheim” and the band “Zornheym” and I decided to shorten my name to Zorn, because that’s what people usually called me anyway.
6. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
Zorn: That’s a really hard question to answers since we have not played any shows so far, haha… Our debut show is on the 18th of August in France on the Motocultor Festival. We are playing together with bands like Bloodbath, Opeth and Candlemass, in other words we are super psyched and honoured for having this opportunity for our debut show!
7. Do you have any touring or show plans once the album is released?
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of extreme metal?
9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?
10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
12.What are some of your non musical interests?
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?